About Me

My photo
I worked in Public Administration, Managed Health Care, and Real Estate. Originally from Chicago and greater Chicago, I've lived in Minnesota my adult life. Blessed with a loving wife, four great sons, two accomplished daughters-in-law and there endearing grandkids. Now battling Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Best Hockey Game of the Year

Alec and I attended the NCAA tournament game of University of Minnesota versus Maine. The U of M won 1-0 in overtime. Both teams played really well and this was one of the best hockey games I'd seen. Maine was scrappy and was very effective in killing off penalties. The Gophers at times seemed tentative but had one of the best penalty-killing displays I'd ever seen. I don't think Maine had the puck for more than 15 seconds during the two-minute penalty.

Before the game a true Minnesota moment: the surface lot where we normally park didn’t have anyone to take the parking fee. Car after car pulled in and we all discussed what to do. Back East (or in Chicago), folks would have just parked and walked away. In Minnesota we have to debate the morality of parking without paying!

No comments: