About Me

My photo
I worked in Public Administration, Managed Health Care, and Real Estate. Originally from Chicago and greater Chicago, I've lived in Minnesota my adult life. Blessed with a loving wife, four great sons, two accomplished daughters-in-law and there endearing grandkids. Now battling Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Friday, April 21, 2006

The adventure begins...

Tonight, Barb finally acknowledged that she needs to replace her 1995 Volvo station wagon. It's lasted a long time and seen over 185,000 miles of service. But, it committed the unpardonable sin: it leaked water today and apparently spilled onto her suit jacket.

Here's a photo of a similar vehicle:



She announced it by telling me she was giving me a valuable anniversary present: helping her buy a new car. I'll confess: I've been suggesting she replace the Volvo for at least two years as I figured she wanted to retire and not have to make car payments.

So, here's the challenge:

• must be a wagon and no SUVs/mini-SUVs etc may apply;

• must have leather or vinyl seats

• must have manual transmission

• not cost an arm and a leg

hmmm, this ought to be interesting!

No comments: