About Me

My photo
I worked in Public Administration, Managed Health Care, and Real Estate. Originally from Chicago and greater Chicago, I've lived in Minnesota my adult life. Blessed with a loving wife, four great sons, two accomplished daughters-in-law and there endearing grandkids. Now battling Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Drake Sweeps Southern Illinois in Basketball

I might be accused of posting this only to nettle my brother who's an
SIU alum. And you'd be right.

See, my brother and I have this bet (for a whopping $5.00 per game)
whenever Drake and SIU play hoops. Usually I have to write checks to
him.

Even when Drake made their once-every-40 year NCAA appearance, Drake
split the series.

But this year we swept. It's Broom-time, baby! I'm $10.00 richer (as
soon as my 1,000 pennies arrive via stage coach, knowing my brother).

Break out the bubbly! Cue the band! The mighty Bulldogs have
relegated the simpering Salukis to the pound!

And I figure I have at least 10.5 months of bragging rights!

Love ya, Roy!

Sent via e-mail & my iPod Touch


No comments: